Looking for veterinary services in New Iberia?
- Diagnostic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic services to care for your pets’ complete health care needs, including digital X-ray.
- Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures. Each patient’s anesthetic and pain management protocol is individually tailored for his or her current health status, age, medical history and surgical procedure.
- Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide the extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high risk patients.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos and heart worm prevention to meet the needs of your pet.
- Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, tooth extractions, and oral surgery. A thorough dental prophylaxis is performed under general anesthesia and includes deep scaling. We discuss routine dental care at home and maintain a supply of foods in our clinic specifically designed to help clean your pet’s teeth.
- Flea Control: We provide monthly flea control for cats and dogs as well as treatment for your yard and home.
- Boarding: We provide pet boarding long term and short term as a service to our clients.
- Bathing: Routine bathing in our walk in shower is available Monday through Friday.
- Vaccinations: We recommend vaccinations once a year for every pet. Vaccinations against contagious and deadly diseases such as rabies, canine parvovirus, canine bordetella, canine distemper, feline leukemia and other serious diseases are important to protect your pets health.
- Diagnostic Imaging Services: Our hospital offers routine digital radiology services. Out state-of-the-art digital x-ray systems allows images to be displayed and evaluated instantly on a computer. We can also save our pet’s images on a cd, or email them to other veterinarian’s for further evaluation. Digital X-rays are capable of detecting arthritis, fractures, bony tumors, other forms of cancer, heart enlargement, congestive heart failure, bladder and kidney stones, and stomach or intestinal foreign bodies.
- Microchip: Microchipping your pet is a safe, easy way to identify your pet and help insure he or she returns home safely. About the size and shape of a grain of rice, a microchip is implanted under your pet’s skin in a procedure similar to a vaccination. Information about your pet is encoded in to the microchip and veterinary hospitals and animal shelters across the country are equipped with scanners capable of detecting and reading microchips. If your pet is lost, his or her microchip is scanned and the information is used to reunite you and your pet.
- Grooming: Our professional groomers, Natalie Bourgeois, Kimberley Doumit and Rusti Boudreaux have many years of experience working with pets of all breeds, and we offer a full range of grooming services. Full service grooming includes bathing, trimming hair, ear cleaning, anal gland expression, and nail trimming. We use only the finest shampoos and conditioners. Extra time and care is given to puppies receiving their first groom, and also our older dogs and cats. For our pets who don’t like to be groomed, we do offer sedation for grooming. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- Cremation: Sometimes a home burial for your pet is not possible, or if you move, you want to be sure that your beloved pet will not be left behind. A pet cremation is something to consider. We offer this service through Heavenly Pet Memorial. The dedicated team at Heavenly Pet offer pet cremation services to our community and the surrounding areas also immediate response, pet tribute products and other grief materials. They can be reached through their website www.heavenlypetmemorials.com or we can make all the arrangements.
If you’re ready to see our expert veterinary team in New Iberia, call Dupuy’s Animal Hospital today at (337) 560-0806 or make an appointment now.